It’s Friday!! You made it through another work week! Congratulations!
We prepped this hibiscus lemonade at the Leather town Festival in Acton a few weekends ago and it was a hit. It kind of felt like we were seven years old again, setting up a lemonade stand. To revert back to childhood even more, we also played with bubbles and sidewalk chalk!
Why we love hibiscus
#1 It’s tart cranberry-like flavour is amazing!
#2 Hibiscus contains Vitamin C
#3 It has been known to lower blood pressure
#4 It’s beautiful, just like you!
Why we love lemon
#1 It helps to alkalinize the body
#2 It’s detoxifying
#3 Lemon kicks digestion into gear
#4 It helps to get rid of uncomfortable bloating
Reasons #5-#50 for why we love lemon and hibiscus will have to come another day.
1.5 Tbsp The Spiced Leaf Breathe + C tea
1 Tbsp Loose, dried Hibiscus
2 cups Filtered water
2 1/4 cups Lemonade (1/4 cup lemon juice + 2 cups water + 3 Tbsp maple syrup)
Maple Syrup to taste
Garnish with lemon slices
- Boil 2 cups of water to steep loose leaf Breathe + C tea and Hibiscus leaves, let steep for at least 30 minutes (I let mine steep in the fridge overnight)
- Prepare lemonade – combine lemon juice, water & maple syrup
- Strain loose leaf tea mixture and combine with lemonade
- Sweeten to taste (For health’s sake don’t overdo it…also make sure it’s actually maple syrup, like the real stuff, that comes from a tree)
- Garnish with lemon slices & Chill/add ice
- Get your buns outside and enjoy!